Getting DotNetNuke 5 to install

Another hosting company I use has both the old ASP.NET AJAX extensions installed and the .NET Framework 3.5 installed.  In order to resolve an ambiguity between the two sets of DLLs in the GAC, I had to modify web.config according to the instructions here:

XP SP3 cannot connect to Vista Ult SP1

I could not get our Windows XP SP3 machine to connect to our Vista SP1 “server” machine.  I found the solution at:

Solution: The XP machine’s Local Security Policy had to be changed to enforce NTLMv2.

The user’s problem was described as follows:

I upgraded Vista Ultimate to SP1 today and after the update, I can no longer see the folder and device shares that used to be visible to another computer running XP SP2. If I try NET VIEW from the XP computer, I get “System error 58 has occurred” and no information. Priot to the upgrade, all of the network shares were visible to my XP computers. I also upgraded a laptop computer running Vista Home Premium to SP1, and it has no problem seeing the shares across the network, so the problem appears to be particular to either XP or maybe any non-Vista OS. Ideas?

And this was the solution:

I’ve solved the problem of not being able to see network shares on my Vista machine from an XP machine after installing Vista SP1. The problem was authentication level for LAN Manager. Vista defaults to NTLMv2, and my Vista machine only allowed that level. My XP machine was set for LM & NTLM, but did not deal with NTLMv2. I solved the problem by going into Local Security Policy on both machines and changing the Network security: LAN Manager authentication level to “Send LM & NTLM – use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated” on both. I had to reboot to have the change take effect, and the problem was eliminated.

Firefox redirects VS2008 web pages to

Fix this problem by setting your hosts file entry “::1 localhost” to “:::1 localhost” (i.e. add an extra colon at the beginning of the line).

I found this solution at

Optimal Audio Encoding Settings

Updated 2011-06-08: Note that EAC 1.0’s parameters have changed (click here and scroll down to “Which flags can I use in the external compression scheme “User Defined MP3 Encoder”?”).

Using Exact Audio Copy, here are the best settings (that I’ve found) for encoding audio:

  • Check ‘Use external program for compression’
  • Change ‘Parameter passing scheme’ to ‘User Defined Encoder’
  • MP3:
    • Set file extension to .mp3
    • Locate ‘lame.exe’
    • For versions before 1.0 beta 2: Additional Command-line options: %l-V 5%l%h-V 0%h –vbr-new %s %d
    • For versions from 1.0 beta 2 on: Additional Command-line options: -V 0 -h %source% %dest%
  • FLAC:
    • Set file extension to .flac
    • Locate ‘flac.exe’
    • Use command line -T “artist=%a” -T “title=%t” -T “album=%g” -T “date=%y” -T “tracknumber=%n” -T “genre=%m” %s

Pond Footage (Part 2)

This was taken after the pond was completely finished.  Check out the fish!  Swanky patio furniture, too!


Footage recorded on October 25th, 2006

Load more